I always come up with an all-in-one dish which allows me to make the most of my refrigerator's left-over, prior to another weekly shopping in the market. So, fried Jasmine brown rice with ready-made Kimchi, namely "Miss Kimchii" & Shiitake mushroom, served with crispy bacon bliss and any kind of salad, can add up a little bit of extraordinarily exotic taste to your Sunday, either lunch or dinner, satisfaction guarantee:-))
2-3 cups cooked brown rice (chill)
4 beautiful bacon ribbons
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup shiitake mushroom, thin sliced
2 tablespoons kimchi
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons mushroom sauce
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon spring onion, finely chopped
2-3 spring onions
1 coriander for garnish
- Place a wok over high heat. Add bacon and a little oil and reduce heat after a minute. Turn the bacon to the other side until lightly brown cooked. Remove them to a bowl.
- Add chopped garlic into remaining oil from cooking bacon, add in at the same time shiitake mushroom and 1 tablespoon of mushroom sauce, allow to cook until the mushroom, becoming soft.
- Then add rice, kimchi, 1 tablespoon of mushroom sauce, soy sauce and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
If too dry, add a little more oil.
- Sprinkle curry powder while adding in chopped spring onions and toss gently together.
- Spoon into individual dishes and garnish with spring onions and lime slice. Serve warm.Enjoy! :-))