Je Mange. Donc, Je Suis.

Monday 30 April 2012

Pad Thai & Co. in Khao Lak

Yesterday was such a gloomy & rainy Sunday that I woke up quite late as I love curling up my body in my warm blanket on such a comfy little bed with the sound of raindrops outside my window as ideal Sunday morning background:-) Later, I heard the phone ringing rrrrrrrrrr ... It was worth moving my lazy buttocks out of the bed as it was from my dear friends, asking me to get myself ready for a cozy meal in Khao Lak together:-) It took us about half an hour or more, depending on your driving speed:-)from Takuapa town centre to Khao Lak...and we were all hungry cows!!! So we stopped by a convenient store at a petrol station on the way, for a pack of roasted cashew nuts to fill up our empty stomach while being in the car.
The making of popular "Som Tum", 
in wooden mortar:-)
As we arrived, there were already quite a number of customers. I went straight to the kitchen, with my curious gourmand eyes and that I had such a pleasant courtesy with the restaurant lady-chef, who, I learned later, is not only the big chef, but also the restaurant owner:-) The conversation imparted to me that her hometown is Chumphon province, and that she met her husband here in Khao Lak, in the aftermath of the Tsunami 2004. So the restaurant was founded as the fruit of their love & marriage...sweet, huh? Love in the time of Tsunami...Well, let's get back to my kitchen inspection: the kitchen is very hygienic & well-arranged with colorful ingredients as well as aromatic spices when preparing some authentic Thai dishes e.g Seafood Mild-Spicy Soup (or Tom Yum Soup), Stir-fried prawns with black pepper & garlic, Mild Spicy Soup with coconut milk, etc. ... In one word: PLEASANT:-)  
Mouthwatering Papaya Salad with 
Salted duck eggs
ส้มตำไข่เค็ม
Pan fried Seafood Sukiyaki, 
my dish:-)
สุกี้ฯแห้งรวมมิตรทะเล
Stir-fried Prawns with black pepper & garlic,
served with steamed rice, 

topped with 1 fried egg,
my friend's choice:-) กุ้งทอดกระเทียมพริกไทย
Mild Spicy Seafood Tom Yum!
ต้มยำทะเล
My cousins' favourite dish of all time:-)
Stir-fried Minced Pork with black pepper & garlic
หมูทอดกระเทียมพริกไทย ใส่กระเทียมเจียวเยอะๆ
เมนูโปรดตอนเด็กๆ
Som Tum's Goddess: Papaya Salad with
salted crab & fermented mussels!
ส้มตำปูเค็ม-หอยดอง
A glass of Iced Green Tea Latte 
@McCafe, Khao Lak:-)
Bangsak Beach in the rain...on the way back home...
แวะหาดบางสักยามเย็นฉ่ำฝนก่อนกลับบ้าน
"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery,
guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate.
The world is all gates, all opportunities."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson ♥ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Pleasure to have you Here!

Powered by Blogger.

© AnnaVanilla, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena