Please refer to Victoria Sponge's recipe for the cake. I only added in 1 teaspoon each, sifted Cocoa powder and sifted instant black coffee into the ready mixture prior to spreading it evenly into prepared tins and bake for 20 minutes or until sponges shrink from sides of tins.
|Ta da! :-)|
Mock Cream (also known as butter cream and butter icing)
To make Mock Cream Filling, you'd need:
125g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar or icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy;
- Cover the mixture with cold water, swirl water around and pour off;
- Continue to beat with electric beaters for about 2 minutes;
- Repeat this whole process six times or until cream is white and fluffy and sugar is dissolved;
- Stir in vanilla essence;
- Sandwich cakes with filling;
- Spread Toffee Sauce as cake topper.
|Another decoration: with Hershey's White Choc-Block on top:-)|
To make Toffee Sauce with easy recipe:
25g soft brown sugar
100g double cream (heavy cream)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat the butter with the sugar, cream and lemon juice in a small pan over a medium heat.
- Stir until smooth and all the sugar has dissolved and butter has melted.
- Take off the heat just before it starts to bubble.
- Leave it to cool before spreading on top layer of the cake:-)
or alternatively you can use commercial Toffee dessert sauce as tricky shortcut:-)
Did you know... that today (May 18, 2012) is International Museum Day? Celebrate the role of the world's museums in furthering human understanding. These recent years, International Museum Day has been experiencing its highest involution with almost 30,000 museums that organized activities in more than 100 countries!
Today's Inspirational Quote:
"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give
ourselves the gift of living well."