Je Mange. Donc, Je Suis.

Monday 25 June 2012

French Toast "Pain Perdu" (My Version)

I made my own "Hokkaido Soft Bread" last week with several efforts, I must say:-) The first time, it was like french "Brioche" and its outer edge was terribly hard! I realized that I did not put enough love and attentive concern for the first-rounded soft bread. I, therefore, corrected and put more love and attention to its ingredients, measurement, techniques all through the process. The second one was much better, but its taste and texture was not what I desired. So I tried harder...and it was worth my effort as the third one turned out exactly what I really wanted it to be: soft, cottony and springy texture & harmonious taste, melt in the mouth! Yes!!!! I did it, finally!:-) 
Sinfully beautiful, isn't it? :-D
I thought of making the most of my left-over bread in order that I can make a new one...Well, nothing beats homemade "French toast (Pain Perdu)" with homemade bread for lovely Sunday breakfast...
while listening to chirping birds outside my window:-)
Ta da! My Sunday breakfast: Pain Perdu,
a glass of pineapple juice, an orange and a cuppa coffee:-) 
Ingredients (for 1-2 person(s):
2-3 super big n thick bread
(preferably Brioche) 
100 ml Milk 
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
orange juice from 1/2 Sunkist
2 teaspoons (Vanilla) sugar
1 or 2 egg(s)
  • Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
  • Stir the ingredients with a fork or balloon whisk...
  • Soak the toasts (one by one) into the mixture w/ both sides. 
  • Gently place the toast on salted butter, melt in a pan with medium heat; 
  • Fry each side 1 -2 minutes approximately. 
  • Sprinkle a little bit more sugar or spread w/ honey or maple syrup of your preference before serving.
Note: If you don't have orange juice, it's not a problem...you can then substitute w/ a bit of Vanilla Rum ;-P
I love it too!!!

Wishing you a Smiley Day :-)) !!!
"Something I learned early is not to worry about what I cannot control...
But what I can control: my attitude, my efforts, and my focus every single day."
-- Tim Tebow

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Pleasure to have you Here!

Powered by Blogger.

© AnnaVanilla, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena