I love the below saying...
"Find someone who makes you realize three things:
one,...that Home is not a Place, but a FEELING.
Two, that Time is not measured by a Clock, but by MOMENTS.
And three, that Heartbeats are not Heard, but FELT & SHARED."
...Now the cake ;) Gâteau roulé au thé vert & Nutella, a fat-less green tea sponge with left-over Vienna cream glaze and chopped dark chocolate-coated toasted almond. Green tea + Chocolate + Coffee flavoured cream?!?! Yes, it is! "Everything's possible" inside Anne's kitchen! ;)I wish you all a lovely weekend with one of my fav. christmas songs
and let's welcome festive December with Joy & Delight + Sparkling eyes... b-u-r-p-p-p...did I say wine? ;)
(for green tea sponge)3 eggs (large), separated
100 g sifted icing sugar or caster sugar
30 g plain flour
20 g corn flour
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 natural green tea essence
(from 1 tablespoon green tea leaves, dissolved in 1/4 coffee cup)
|Before decoration :)|
Preheat oven to moderately hot 200°C. Line a 22 x 33 cm base tin with grease-proof paper.
To make the roll:
To make the roll:
- Using electric beater, beat egg yolks, 50 g sugar in small mixing bowl over hot water until thick and pale;
- In another bowl, also over hot water, beat the egg whites and salt, until they stand in peaks; Slowly add in the remaining sugar;
- Sift the flour and cornflour onto grease-proof paper. Fold in rapidly half of the flour to the yolk mixture, then half of the white, using a wooden spoon. Repeat with the rest of the flour as well as the whites until just combined. Fold in green tea essence;
- Spread the mixture evenly into prepared tin; smooth surface. Bake for 8-10 minutes;
- Turn the cake out onto a dry, clean tea-towel covered with grease-proof paper that has been sprinkled with the extra sugar. Then using the tea-towel as a guide, carefully roll cake up with the paper; leave for 5 minutes or until cool;
- Unroll cake, discard paper. Spread with Nutella; re-roll. Trim ends with knife; decorate as desire.
Dressed-up & ready to be served :)