Je Mange. Donc, Je Suis.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Ratatouille Made in Thailand (My version)

A few days ago, I bought beautiful aubergines, tomatoes as well as haricots verts (string beans) from a green shop whose products are mainly from the King's agriculture project. So today, I decided to make my own version of Ratatouille:-) I stated my own version because I did not have zucchini,  red/yellow capsicum, onions and some herbs in store... well, well, well! However, you'd better see below ingredients, how tricky I was to be able to substitute some missing ingredients with something in hand:-D
The name ratatouille comes from the french word for 'mix' and was previously used as a familiar term for any stew. I was told about the very traditional version of Ratatouille that each ingredient should be fried separately before the final simmering.
Ratatouille Easy Version
Serve 2
  • 3 beautiful medium tomatoes
  • 3 small aubergines, diced or cut in any shape you like
  • 10 haricots, cut in smaller pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil or other vegetable oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce
  • 1 cup water mixed with 1/4 cube chicken stock powder  
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste (purée)  Note: I used Italian Tradizionale Passata with herbs (Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Onion extracts)
Ratatouille, my version:-)
  • Score a cross in the top of each tomato, plunge into boiling water for 15-20 seconds and then peel the skin away from the cross. Chop roughly.
  • Heat the oil in a frying pan or a wok. Fry the garlic, haricots and the eggplant together with mushroom sauce  over low heat until the haricot becoming a little bit soft and the eggplant becoming lightly browned all over. 
  • Then add the tomato, stock water, tomato paste, stir well, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes. 
  • Serve warm with fried diced golden brown potatoes:-)  
Bon Appétit 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Pleasure to have you Here!

Powered by Blogger.

© AnnaVanilla, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena