Open-faced Omelette with herbs, ham 'n' fresh tomato.
Ideally s/w Tabasco or fresh Apple slices or apple salsa ....yummm!
1. for CHEESE lovers, you can add a slice of Emmenthal or grated Gruyère in the ingredients too.
2. You can also use 1 teaspoon butter + 1 teaspoon Olive oil together --------> lovely combination/flavour!
3. for more beautiful result, please use sliced tomatoes, instead of diced ones...then place them on top of the omelette (apple pie fashion) when the eggs begin to cook...
serving per person
(I used a 16 cm-∅-pan)
- Place eggs and salt in a bowl with yogurt and beat lightly with a fork until just combined.
- Heat olive oil (and/or butter) in a small frying pan over medium heat. Then add in chopped garlic and pour in egg mixture. As the eggs begin to cook, place chopped herbs and ham on top, followed by diced or sliced tomato (and your choice of cheese). Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In case you use cheese, place the pan under a preheated grill to finish cooking the eggs and melt the cheese.
- Slide the finished omelette onto a warm serving plate and place the remaining chopped spring onions for garnish. Finish with a grinding of black pepper.
Enjoy your breakfast!